Senior Transformation Manager (f/m/d)
Permanent Employment · Full time or Part time · Berlin + remote
As the central digitization unit of the federal government, we develop and operate digital solutions for and with the federal administration. Our work is interdisciplinary, user-centric and iterative. As a Senior Transformation Manager, you will create the necessary structural, cultural and individual conditions for good, productive collaboration with the federal administration so that we can successfully implement user-centric and data-driven projects.
More about the role
- You are part of an interdisciplinary (product/design/engineering/transformation) team working with our respective project partners in ministries to develop a digital solution or design foundations & processes necessary for a digital state.
- You ask questions in order to understand: the stakeholders involved, their interests and the framework in which they operate, the underlying systems and needs.
- You develop a solid understanding of the topic area, the respective product, underlying processes, and structures that are being worked on in the respective team.
- You identify and prioritize hurdles and challenges in the collaboration with our project partners that stand in the way of an efficient and effective implementation of our software projects.
- You communicate our iterative, data-driven approach to our project partners from the ministries continuously throughout the entire course of the project with the help of meetings, workshops, trainings and other formats.
- You develop methods, iterate them and thus create the framework for a successful implementation of our software projects and change processes in cooperation with our project partners.
- You share the results of your work and what you have learned in a structured, transparent and reusable way: on the one hand, you contribute to the further development of the discipline "Transformation Management" at DigitalService and, on the other hand, you enable our project partners to reuse common processes and frameworks beyond our specific projects.
- You have extensive experience in IT project management with complex stakeholder structures and a good understanding of user-centered product development.
- You have already gained relevant experience with public administration or similar highly regulated systems. You are familiar with the challenges in the area of conflict between agile and classic approaches and have worked on them (change management).
- You see your strengths in communication and enjoy understanding, communicating and empowering.
- You are comfortable abstracting, structuring and orchestrating.
- You meet people empathically, with interest and at eye level.
- You are courageous and fearless.
- You see hurdles and complexity in the development of digital services together with project partners in the administration as a challenge and an opportunity.
- You are characterized by resilience and pragmatic optimism.
- You live in Berlin or it is possible for you to attend face-to-face meetings in Berlin on a very regular basis.
- You speak German and English fluently (C1).
- We offer you a lot of responsibility, varied tasks and exciting creative opportunities with a team that is driven by a mission and shares a common vision: To develop digital solutions for and with the federal administration.
- You have the unique opportunity to be part of a "start-up within the government" and work in a dynamic and agile way.
- Flexible arrangement for mobile working and an open-space office in the heart of Berlin - with startup-typical healthy snacks, drinks and a beautiful roof terrace.
- You can choose which operating system you work with. We work with Mac, Linux and Windows computers.
- Your mental health is important to us. With nilo.health we support you to take care of your well-being.
- We offer you a market-oriented salary and an annual learning budget up to max. 2000€ and up to 5 free days - no matter which role or seniority level. You can also take your budget for language courses, if needed.
- You have the opportunity for a company pension plan with attractive conditions and employer subsidy.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We, therefore, welcome all applications - regardless of religion, nationality, (ethnic) origin, gender, age, ideology, sexual identity, or disability.
We only check incoming applications for their professional qualifications and the key qualifications required for the respective position.
Therefore, we ask you to refrain from including a photo of yourself in your CV, as well as information about your place of residence, age, gender, marital status, or similar.
Your contact person
Do you have any questions for us? Your contact person is Eva (Eva.firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a federally owned limited liability company (GmbH), DigitalService is a 100% subsidiary of the federal government and works directly with federal ministries and federal agencies. We do not work for profit, but for the good cause: for a digital Germany.
We develop digital products that facilitate interaction between citizens and the administration and promote trust. To do this, we bring together interdisciplinary teams from software development, design and product management with the federal administration.
We work user-centered and iteratively develop the best possible solution. With our fellowship programs Tech4Germany and Work4Germany, we accompany the necessary change in working methods and culture.
What does the work at DigitalService look like? Exciting insights are provided in our Blog (in German).